Monday 25 March 2019

Campaign response – Home Office Questions


Brexit cannot be an excuse for MPs to ignore other pressing domestic and international matters. One of these issues that I have been keeping a close eye on is our future immigration system – what arrangements we ought to put in place in order that immigration would work better for businesses and communities than it current does.

I am glad that a number of concerned constituents have contacted me through 38 Degrees asking me to press ministers on the staffing needs of the NHS and Social Care at the upcoming Home Office Questions on 1 April. This is an issue I have repeatedly raised with ministers before. I hope constituents will be pleased to know that I will be attending Home Office Questions on 1 April to try to raise a question about this subject. I am also working closely with the parliamentary affairs team at 38 Degrees to look at how we can best shape the Immigration and Social Security Bill currently going through the Commons and the Home Office’s consultation on the Immigration White Paper in order that our future system can continue to meet the growing demand on our NHS and care services.