Thursday 21 March 2019

Campaign reply - 'Hey Steve...'


I have received a few campaign emails entitled "Hey Steve" with a rather pleasing emoji in the subject line.

I say "a few emails" because  they are nothing as compared with the thousands of emails I have received urging me to ensure we leave the EU. I intend to do all that I can to do just that and in line with the overwhelming wishes of constituents and my own view and promises made.

The notion of a second referendum is disingenuous and undermines the reasoning of being democratic it seeks to claim.

MPs have now voted on the prospect of a second referendum and it was heavily defeated.

Wild forecasts of the consequences of leaving the EU have an alarming similarity: they turn out to be wrong. Or wildly wrong.

Doing what is right for the UK is to honour Brexit and make sure we leave - I will not waver from the task.