Thursday 21 March 2019

Campaign reply - Asbestos in schools


I have recently been contacted by a number of constituents asking me to attend a debate in Parliament about asbestos in schools.

I regret I was unable to attend this debate due to prior Parliamentary commitments.

However I do meet regularly with local teachers and have long campaigned for parity in school funding in Cornwall, both in terms of funding received and the actual funding formula used itself, which we have seen some improvement on in recent years.

In the Spring Statement last week I did welcome the Chancellor saying that in the comprehensive spending review, which will set spending priorities for the coming years, education will be featured. Obviously I welcome this and along with my Cornish MP colleagues will certainly be lobbying for more funding for schools in our county.