Thursday 21 March 2019

Campaign reply - “Regarding the next vote on Brexit”.


A number of constituents have written to me with an email entitled “Regarding the next vote on Brexit”.

It opens by stating “Please do not extend article 50.  It will serve little purpose and would be a complete betrayal. Even the Dutch Prime Minister said that there would be little point”.

I agree and would only countenance any extension if it were to accommodate an acceptable  and already agreed deal. Nothing else.

My view on the current deal is well known and my colloquial referencing to it caught the imagine of media across Europe and beyond.

My abiding focus and sole intention is to do all I can to see that we leave, on time, deal or no deal and that the result of the referendum is honoured. It includes the prospect of voting for the least worst option to ensure Brexit does not slip through our hands because of the way too many MPs and the Speaker seek to deny us the Brexit the majority voted for.