Thursday 21 March 2019

Campaign response – End Visa Fees for Commonwealth Armed Forces Personnel



Constituents concerned about the welfare and ability of Commonwealth UK Armed Forces personnel to settle into this country has written to me asking for me to support “Stop the Service Charge” campaign, which calls on the Government to remove visa charges for these military personnel and their family members when applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

This is clearly an issue that constituents feel very strongly about. I agree with them that we ought to do more to support our Commonwealth soldiers, who have served Queen and Country valiantly, to settle into this country smoothly as we owe them a great debt for strengthening the defence of our great nation.

As such I will be writing to Government ministers to address this issue directly and seek a response.

I will be in touch with constituents with information from the minister when I receive a reply.