Monday 19 November 2018

Campaign response - Invitation to launch of the 2019 World Watch List report

Thank you to my constituents who wrote to me recently with an invitation the launch of the 2019 World Watch List report by Open Doors.

I am glad to inform my constituents that I will be attending the launch event in Parliament in January.

I am also honoured to be hosting the Open Doors Afternoon Tea Reception for international church leaders to meet MPs and Peers before the launch event.

The worldwide persecution of Christians is an issue I care deeply about and will continue to raise in Parliament.

Last Monday I helped organise a letter of support for Asia Bibi’s asylum in the UK, which was signed by over 20 MPs and Peers. Asia Bibi’s case is yet another example of the systemic persecution of Christians around the world. This letter has now been sent to the Home Secretary for his response.