Monday 3 June 2019

Campaign response – Will you help people with arthritis who want to work?



Recently a number of constituents have written to me to ask if I would support and promote the government’s Access to Work scheme which could be providing vital workplace support for people living arthritis and other health conditions: https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work

They inform me that a recent report shows that nearly 70% of people with arthritis have never accessed support from the scheme, with 60% saying they had never even heard of it.

I want to see these scheme being properly promoted and made use of by people who need it, as much as constituents do.

As such I am glad to be informing constituents that I will be contacting Versus Arthritis to express to them my support of their work and campaign on this issue.