Friday 21 June 2019

Campaign reply – ‘Valuing Audiology: NHS Hearing Aid Services in England’



A number of constituents have asked me to attend a drop in session with Action on Hearing Loss about their new report ‘Valuing Audiology: NHS Hearing Aid Services in England’. The report includes statistics about how audiology services are being commissioned.

I am unable to attend a drop in session on 26 June as I am required to be in Strasbourg on that day in my role as a member of the Council of Europe.

However I am sympathetic to the aims of this campaign, specifically calling on the Department of Health and Social Care to require CCGs to collect uniform data on audiology departments in England, and will raise this with Ministerial colleagues in the Department of Health at the next available opportunity.