Monday 24 February 2020

Campaign response - The Home Secretary must release the Windrush report



Thank you to constituents who have written about the long-awaited Windrush Lessons Learned Report.

I note the points that they have made about the report’s lengthy delay which many, including members of the Windrush Generation, have expressed

Constituents will be assured to learn that this is a matter that I have raised with the relevant ministers at the Home Office in meetings, and I have also tabled parliamentary questions on this matter.

I am as eager as they are to see the report and will keep on pressing ministers to expediate the publication of the report.


What has taken place with the Windrush generation is nothing short of a scandal; these are British Commonwealth citizens who have moved here to rebuild Britain after the War and deserve not only status to be here but our utmost respect.

I will continue to champion their cause.