Thursday 6 February 2020

Campaign reply - Will you attend the St Mungo's Parliamentary event? - 5 February, 12.30 - 2.30, Dining Room A


A number of constituents have contacted me asking me to attend the St Mungo’s Parliamentary event, which took place on 5 February.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend as my role as Parliamentary Private Secretary at the Department of Health and Social Care required me to attend to other Parliamentary duties.

However I recognise the need to support people away from rough sleeping. I am pleased that the government in recent years has given significant funding to Cornwall Council as part of the Homelessness Reduction Fund. However this funding needs to spent responsibly and with the impact of the wider community in mind, as well as helping those in need. I will continue to work with colleagues in Cornwall and in Westminster to ensure this happens.