Monday 20 January 2020

Please attend the next APPG - Tuesday 21 January 2020



Thank you  to those who sent me a copy of the campaign email regarding the  All Party Parliamentary  Group (APPG) for Ancient Woodland and Veteran Trees.

My interest in protecting our environment and improving it are well known and I continue to work with conservation groups such as Greenpeace and the Ocean Conservation APPG.

There is much to do in this area and one I have focused on is the reduction of single use plastics and the prevention of plastic pollution in waterways, oceans and countryside. We should see shortly the introduction of reverse vending machines to increase recycling rates of plastic bottles – millions are sold each day in the UK. All these measures help protect, improve our environment as well ensuring the removal of harmful and unsightly litter.

The APPG for Ancient Woodland and Veteran Trees is another worthy cause and whilst I will endeavour to attend the AGM I am already fully committed with other Parliamentary business.

For those who have troubled to send me a copy of the campaign email I believe it shows your keen interest in our environment and with that in mind I would be delighted if you would join me and my team of volunteers on beach cleans and the like. Details of upcoming events can be found here: https://www.stevedouble.org.uk/