Friday 31 January 2020

Alzheimer's Society's Fix Dementia Care Campaign: Write to the Chancellor


Thank you to those constituents who have recently contacted me as part of the Alzheimer's Society's Fix Dementia Care Campaign: Write to the Chancellor.

I have my own personal story that my family is working through at present with my father so I am aware of the challenges that both Dementia sufferers and carers face on a daily basis.

As a Parliamentary Private Secretary for the Department of Health and Social Care I am unable to lobby the Government in the manner requested.

However I am pleased to confirm that the concerns raised will be part of the Government’s social care plan that we are bringing forward by the end of this year. I will certainly ensure I raise this issue with the Minister as part of the work on this important plan.