Monday 17 December 2018

Campaign reply - 'Universal Credit is broken' / 'Write to Amber Rudd'


I have recently been contacted by a number of constituents as part of a 38 Degrees campaign on Universal Credit.

I have spent a lot of time meeting with both claimants and staff at the Department for Work and Pensions offices in St Austell and Newquay about Universal Credit and the impact its rollout is having in Mid-Cornwall.

I recently spoke at length about the experiences with Universal Credit I have been told about during a debate in Parliament.

I have included a link to my speech below which I hope you will find of interest.


I am always happy to support individual cases who need assistance with their claims should they wish to get in touch.

I will continue to work within the Government to ensure the benefits system we have is fit for purpose and fair for all.