Monday 17 December 2018

Campaign reply - Controlling the future cost of electricity.


A number of you have written to me on the matter of Controlling the future cost of electricity.

I continue to support viable reduction of emissions in both power production and wherever else we can – such as in transport. For instance in my role on the Transport Committee I pursue greener, cleaner options. One third of all emissions are generated by transport and we have seen real progress in the current and future greening of transport. By 2040 all new cars sold in the UK will have to be zero emission. A world leading move and a goal likely to be achieved much sooner.

The event mentioned on 30 January is in my diary and I will endeavour to attend subject as always to other Parliamentary business. I note many of you say you are unable to attend and whereas I understand the effort involved, I would encourage you all to support the cause you are so concerned about. That way you can establish for yourself the details you seek and I will be pleased to hear from you your own thoughts on the foregoing.

As ever my door is always open to hear your views or vice a versa through my “Meet the MP” events and surgery appointments. Details of these can be found by signing up for my newsletter ( “send me email updates”) here: https://www.stevedouble.org.uk/