Monday 15 October 2018

New mothers' mental illness - please write to the Minister for Public Health and Primary Care campaign


I have been contacted by a number of people as part of a campaign about mental illness, new mothers and the renegotiating of the GP Contract.

I was concerned to hear of the points raised.

I am pleased at the good work this Government is doing in bringing parity to the treatment of mental health conditions.

However, I am more than happy to raise concerns with the Minister for Public Health and Primary Care. I have now written to them raising these concerns and asked whether they can be taken on board for the negotiations, as well as asking about the current steps being taken to support new mothers at what can be a very difficult time for them. I will post the response on my blog once I receive it.