Friday 21 September 2018

Please visit the Guide Dogs stand at the Conservative Party Conference campaign



Guide dogs provide a vital lifeline to many people and this wonderful service needs all the support it can get. My own experience of talking to those who have assistance dogs leaves me in doubt that these dogs are of invaluable assistance to their owners.

One of the growing trends on our busy roads is motorists parking on pavements - something that has long since been outlawed in London. Whilst there are other "clutter" issues to consider, this is a major contributor to blocked pavements and will be an issue I raise with ministers when I next see them.

Many have written asking if I will visit the Guide dogs stand at the Conservative Party Conference. This year I can only attend for a few days and the diary is packed with meetings and appointments. However I will endeavour to go along and show my support if only briefly.