Friday 6 December 2019

Campaign response - Arthritis must be a priority


A number of constituents have sent me a campaign email entitled arthritis must be a priority.

Arthritis is one of the most debilitating and painful conditions and my experience of those who suffer with such has left me in no doubt how it can affect people in all aspects of their lives.

The vast majority of the millions of patients are delighted with the service they get  but that does not mean there are not very real pressures on the service as demand grows every year.

In order to meet that challenge and improve the service, the government has provided record sums of new cash for the NHS. I have supported and welcomed this. We will also see a brand new hospital built for Cornwall and I hope it will be within our constituency. Certainly it is the investment we need and along  with more cash going in to the service it will give us all better healthcare and outcomes.

All of this is dependent on having a sound economy and with that in mind I firmly believe the Conservatives are the only party who will not only promise the funding but be in a position to deliver.